Aim of Position
Business Analyst is to act as the pivot or intermediary between business end-users and IT to ensure that business requirements are identified, documented and delivered as a strategic and cost effective solution providing business benefit and process improvement.
Digital Solutions domain is looking for Business Analysts opportunities, who have sound Soft Skills and are experienced in BA best practices, tools and techniques. Knowledge of the BABOK and the Agile approach a plus.
Reports to: Manager, IT Development
• Meets with users and subject matter experts to gather and analyse business requirements.
• Facilitates definition of the scope and context of business requirements analysis for initiatives.
• Gathers, analyses and documents business requirements – communicating the desired outcome of the system enhancement/development.
• Gathers analyses and documents functional specifications, technical designs to support the business requirements and communicates these in technical terms to analyst programmers, testers and project team members.
• Manages business requirements and functional specification documentation.
• Manages business requirements change requests throughout the project lifecycle.
• Liaises with Developers/Technical Solutions & Design to ensure that the technical solution achieves the desired outcome.
• Coordinates User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of system enhancement/development.
• Prepares relevant material and provides training and assistance to end-users, including Business Support Desk, before or following implementation.
• Works as a crucial component of a project team responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new systems.
• Provides support to other business analysts to enhance the organisation’s business analysis capabilities.
Key Success Indicators
• Assigned work is delivered within agreed timeframes and quality parameters, in accordance with stakeholder expectations.
• Actively builds and advocates productive relationships with project and organisational stakeholders, management and staff.
• Understands and actively supports the achievement of Client’s strategic objectives
• Generates innovative solutions to problems and seeks ways to improve business services and processes
• Provides input to business processes in order to provide commercially sound solutions.
• A tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Business or a related discipline
• Demonstrated capability in Business Analysis or similar
• 4+ years experience in IT with at least 2 years of Business Analysis experience in either a business or IT environment.
• 2+ years experience with web based applications
• Knowledge of Business Use Case Modelling – desirable
• Exceptional analytical skills in order to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and provide constructive input into the development of appropriate technical solutions.
• A good understanding of structured project delivery methodologies
• Experience in conducting business process re-engineering
• Ability to multi-task and deliver objectives within strict timelines
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective inter-departmental and organisational relationships
• Sound organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks in order to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively liaise with internal and external clients
• Self-motivated with a strong team spirit
• High level of computer literacy with extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, MS Project and the ability to source data from internal LMS applications